In case you are facing problems with daily activities like dressing, bathing and moving around the house then, assisted living facility might be the solution to your problems.
At these facilities, you can receive the much-needed support while being as independent as possible. Coming to a decision to stay away from your home sounds a bit complicated, but by taking out some time to search for the suitable option and being honest about your necessities and concerns, you can make the right choice and get confidence about the fact that your senior years are exultant and satisfying.
What Is Assisted Living?
The facility of assisted living is a perfect option for elderly who are in need of assistance with a few daily life activities such as housekeeping, cooking, midnight trips to the washroom, traveling to appointments and various other regular activities.
The residential care facility may prove to be a perfect option if you require more attention than what you are currently getting at home or some independent living retirement community. This type of assisted living is also beneficial if you do not require 24-hour medical supervision as of a nursing home.
The best fact about the senior assisted living service is that it provides the person with complete safety together with round-the-clock access to care. Moreover, the caretakers at the majority of these assisted living facilities are just a call away.
So, in case you are a senior person living in Las Vegas and searching for some adult care service, then you can easily come across various senior assisted living facilities in the city.
However, the thing to note here is when it is the right time to shift to a care facility. Let’s discuss this in the next section.
Warning Signs Showing That a Person Requires Assisted Living
Read for these warning signs that show whether the individual requires to be shifted to assisted living or not.
- If the elderly starts losing weight, is not eating well because he or she finds it hard to shop and cook.
- If there’s spoiled food in the refrigerator or the refrigerator is empty.
- If there are signs of bruises on the body of the elderly.
- The existence of mobility and balancing issues.
- The elderly person wears the same set of clothes repeatedly and faces problems in accomplishing physical activities.
- If the individual starts forgetting things more often.
- If the elderly person appears depressed, this is a common problem among people who feel lonely.
Services Offered at Assisted Living Facility
Some of the common services provided in these facilities are:
- Three meals per day are provided to all members in a common dining area.
- The emergency call can be made from every room.
- Proper medication facility for unhealthy occupants.
- Assistance for the daily jobs like bathing, eating, walking and dressing.
- Housekeeping and laundry services.
- Recreational and social activities.
- 24-hour security.
- Fitness programs.
Various organizations provide senior assisted living in Las Vegas to help the people who are in need. Some of these facilities also offer customized plan that meets different requirements of the elderly. All you need to do is to get hold of the right kind of assisted living facility.