1) Our valuable community educational service does require some funding to pay for our expenses and broaden the type and amount of material we can cover.
2) With positive feedback from you, the donors, to show our staff that the community does value our work, our staff can continue to offer this educational service. A token donation provides a large amount of positive support to our staff.
3) If we can confirm thought donations, likes and followers, growing email list, and other methods that the community does want us to expand our educational efforts we would do that. Future program initiative includes video/ on- line chats with experts on special topics. For example, specials on paying for senior care, insurance and drug coverage or choosing a walker. Many might be surprised the Dr McGivney rarely suggests the standard rolling walker and comments that there is a walker most senior would choose if they were offered it.
4) Donations help promote Tender Loving Care Senior Residence advocacy work. TLCSR is a unique care model and your support for this type of senior care setting will promote the adoption of these care principles in other facilities. We believe continuity of care is an undervalued part of care, but one we hope to raise awareness off. Please join our advocacy efforts on this and other topics?
5) We want to offer several support areas including caregivers, family members, and other professional provider’s but need to offer stipends to get full time moderators. Our web site staffs, who volunteer, do not keep to a weekly schedule, but moderators to whom we can give a stipend can keep a more regular schedule to their posts which support groups would expect and want.
6) Tlcsr offers all people an open forum to share ideas and stories. Our blog is moderated but we rely on your comments as the base of our materials. By answering questions, we can help others to see that often there may not be just one right answer, but may levels of balancing of choices that one can consider. We believe that a blog with active moderation and feedback is hard to find and worth supporting when you do find it.
7) If you are not ready or able to make a financial donation you can support and participate in our blog in other ways. You can help us by:
- - sending a link of our site to a friend’s email
- - liking us on our share it link
- - Liking us on FaceBook and Twitter
- - sharing some of your health and senior care experiences with us.
8 ) Larger donors should email Shawn McGivney and note large donor in the subject. While we do not do advertising per se, we do acknowledge large donors if they want acknowledgment.